[ddots-l] Re: recording question

  • From: gar@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 16:04:40 -0400

Bill,

Thanks for your suggestion. I slowed down Jaws and now I believe the second word in the phrase is "group" instead of "proof." I still can't get what the word before it is. It sounds like "quit" or "quick." Using the Jaws cursor, I navigated around the screen hoping to find the text but found nothing. Is there something in CakeTalking like "quit group?" Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

At 06:05 PM 8/2/2011, you wrote:
Hi, George,

I cannot imagine what JAWS is trying to tell you.  Try slowing the JAWS
speech way down to see if you can catch exactly what is being said.  To
temporarily slow down JAWS, hold down CONTROL+ALT+PAGE DOWN keys.  JAWS
should say "Slower".  Same combination but with PAGE up instead makes JAWS
talk faster.  Again, these are temporary settings.

Regards,
Bill

Bill McCann
www.DancingDots.com