[ddots-l] Re: pocket recorders for stage

  • From: "Gordon Kent" <dbmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 15:32:12 -0400

It depends on what you mean by accessible.  The olympus stuff is the only thing
that has actual voice prompts.  If you memorize some basic menus you can
certainly use the zoom h4n which is a much better quality unit and will even
let you do four-channel recording, which I’ve done.  It’s just a shame that the
menus wrap.  I know that Yamaha has just come out with one, and historically
their menus don’t wrap so it might be worth checking out.
Gord