[ddots-l] Re: midi controler

  • From: Charles Marston <rumbero73@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 08:51:59 -0400

Len:

Though I don't use it that way, you can certainly use the motif you already
have as a control surface.  I don't know how versitil it would be though.

With regards to changing to softsynths, I think there are many people on this
list who are already working that way.  If you don't want to deal with the
hardware anymore, I'd say go for it.

 have a good day.

From: len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: midi controler
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 14:13:33 +0200

i want a 61 key controler. I am looking at purchasing a m-audio project mix
because i want a good control surface. Now i see that a midi controler can be
used as a control surface so i don't need to purchase project mix because i
don't need the i/o. I am not using all the motif features so i figure if i cell
my motif and buy good controler i could use the rest of the money on software
synths. i had a look at the novation 61 sl mk2 and it seems to be what i need.
now i only need some opinions on if i should go the software way or not. hope
this makes sense haha.
kind regards
Len Viljoen