[ddots-l] brand new to pc recording, caketalking and question with M-audio fast track ultra

  • From: "Dave Hillebrandt" <dave@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 17:46:53 -0500

Hi All, Brand new to this list so hope you'll forgive the seriously novice questions. Got the system from dancing dots and trouble with the interfase when first got it so received new one which is great. Had uninstalled its drivers and reinstalled them and was able to find this interfase in the "in" and "out" but even though the channel volume is turned up, I am not hearing the output or inputs: any ideas? I did try the effects echo etc. and think I have everything hooked up correctly as far as usb to the pc as well as outs going to small pa system but don't hear the sampled stuff. Anything real obvious I should check out. I know the that Fast track ultra has its own program in control pannel but haven't touched it at all so perhaps it needs something tweeked. Thanks in advance. I know this is going to be a great system as soon as I get these glitches out of it. I've thought about maybe trying a different interfase from different company than m-audio and thinking perhaps a driver question. Any of your experiences with the fast track ultra or any other interfases would be great to hear. Have done lots of reading of the tutorial but this specific thing is not jumping out at me. Will try to get sighted help to check the M-audio program as it isn't especially accessible as far as I can tell. Thanks, Dave