[ddots-l] Re: another jaws8 bug

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 04:38:09 -0600

I don't know about new information. All I know is, when I added the instructions to the INI file, before I got a chance to add the drivers, JFW used the default card. I had been struggling with this problem for years. According to Eric, this issue was supposed to have been addressed in Jaws 8.

At 10:41 AM 12/3/2006, Phil Halton wrote:
Sandy,

Is this new information? The bulletin says you must load the driver. Why do you say that isn't necessary? interestingly, I did unload the driver(restoring the origional) and left the jaws.ini file as is-figuring the edits I made wouldn't hurt anything, and while jaws now speaks through the cheap soundcard as intended, when it uses the sapi5 voices in the sayall command, jaws switches to my other soundcard--go figure.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sandy Licht" <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>