[ddots-l] another jaws8 bug

  • From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 00:02:36 -0500

the old procedure for instructing jaws to use a specific soundcard doesn't work with jaws8. I'm refering to the technical bulletin under "synthesizers" on the jaws tech support page that involved editting the jaws.ini file and installing a different version of the eloq.jls driver file.

When I followed the procedure (as I have for earlier versions of jaws), and upon reboot, there was no speech, and I got the jaws message "the driver eloq.jls could not be loaded". I sent a info request on this to jaws tech support, but, who knows when they'll get back to me.

Guess its back to good old jaws6.2 for a while.