[ddots-l] Re: accessing gain and postgain on sonar

  • From: John Schucker <gwynn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:13:13 -0600

Can we talk about setting levels for a bit? So I set levels on my hardware, but I assume I'm reading Sonar's meters for the level data? When I hit enter on the peek meter to reset it, it doesn't seem to want to reread again. If I have a track not recording, but just play into it to set things, the peek meter works until I hit enter to reset it. I do this because, let's suppose I play something, and the peek meter goes to 1. It'll stay there if anything lower is played of course. So I want to get that lower value.

Can somebody post a quick thing on setting levels? What kinds of things do I want to be doing? A little tutorial on this would be great.