[ddots-l] Re: about auto tune

  • From: Jack Conti <jackconti@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 22:44:15 -0500

Gord i understand the accessibility part, but, i swear if i didn't have to use in ILOK i simply would not.At 09:23 PM 3/5/2013, you wrote:

Hi:
Yes, you would want to set it up as a soft synth, and then it is best to insert it on an audio track as an effect rather than in the synth rack. Then set a midi track to the output of the instance of autotune and make sure you have midi trigger turned on in autotune. As much as I hate to admit it, autotune is still the most accessible solution for us. Antares really treated me badly when I lost my iLok key and I sowre I wouldn’t get another copy but I wasted $400 on waves tune which is not accessible and doesn’t work in realtime anyway. I’ll probably have to go and buy another full version of autotune, sometimes protesting just doesn’t accomplish anything.
Gord