[ddots-l] Re: XP Home or Professional?

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 12:44:10 +0100

Hi Stacy,

I have projects where I'm using at least 7 applications of Dimension Pro plus 9
other softsynths.
I too am using XP home.

I Haven't had any drop outs until recently.
The only thing I'm doing differently is I'm assigning effects to busses. I used
to have the effects applied to the audio tracks, then freeze the track, I
believe that way,the effect is also recorded to the audio track.
When effects are assigned to busses, they are live effects so therefore are
taking up CPU.

On one project I deleted from audio tracks around 36 effects, I then froze all
tracks and sent the dry audio out to the different busses. the 36 effects were
replaced by 9 effects which I'd assigned to the busses.
Once I done this I experienced drop out for the first time on that particular
project.

It maybe worth trying to have some of the effects frozen on the audio tracks.

Steve W