[ddots-l] Video Intercept Dialog gone - got video!

  • From: Stacy Blackwell <stacy.blackwell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 15:52:51 -0500

Hi, all.  Freedom Scientific taught me to get to the Device Manager treeview
and the Display Adaptor was not listed.  She said to re-install the driver
and/or video card as the first step.  Recall that I have swapped monitors with
the home PC--the DAW still had no video and the home PC worked well so I had
ruled out the montor as being the problem).

I brought the DAW to work for an assistive tech person to install the drivers.
She merely booted it with her monitor, and we never saw the Video Intercept
dialog at all.  I went to the Device Manager and there sat the Display Adaptor
as an option.  I felt so foolish and a bit embarrassed, but I have witnesses
that the video was not working prior to today.  Our only conclusion at this
point is that the newly added monitor somehow reset the video driver and put
resolution and all back to normal.  Baffling...

So, to find out the cause for this mess, I now have to hook everything back up
to the DAW and try to former monitor again.  It's probably only a matter of
time before this happens again, so I'm planning on buying a new monitor.  I
hope this is the solution.  Sorry to bother you guys in thinking it was a
software issue.  SLB