[ddots-l] Re: New to CakeTalk

  • From: Michael Ciarciello <m_dsmusic@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 20:07:33 -0500

Good evening Krysty my name is Mike, and I am located in Montreal.
As a long time user of CakeTalking I can tell you that this is a fantastic set
of scripts along with Sonar giving us total access to one of the worlds best
recording software packages.
That being said, it sounds like you would need some training in using the
software package, as you’ve indicated that you don’t know how to switch sounds,
and play drum patterns ETC.
I have been training Jaws, GoodFeel, Sonar, and Caketalking, as well as the Mac
for around 14 years, and can honestly say that I love my job.
I work at a rehab centre here in Montreal training the basics of computer
technology on both Mac, and PC, and train the music technology as well.
I’m not in any way trying to discourage you, however I think you have taken the
right steps in seeking help from members from this fantastic list.
Might I suggest that you go in to the cakewalking folder, and look at the
tutorial that David made for using the software to its fullest potential, as
the manual will definitely get you running in the right direction.
Alternatively “bill” please excuse me for saying something that may be out of
line,” however Does Brian not train the software in the states?
Krysty that may not be a bad avenue to explore to get one- on one training.
I have been training folks round the Canada area, and can tell you that the
combination of one on one training coupled with the tutorials is going to give
you a well rounded scope of both CakeTalking and Sonar.
If you need assistance or consulting you can reach me on Skype.
My address is
guitarmike2134@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:guitarmike2134@xxxxxxxxx>
Take care.

> On Feb 8, 2015, at 7:08 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Perhaps get Skype. It's not hard to use, especially with Doug Lee's free Jaws
> scripts.
>

> Sent from Chris's iPhone.
>

>> On Feb 8, 2015, at 18:42, Nate <natesweet1978@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> no I don't so call me at 1734-699-8480 thanks nathan sweet I am eastern time
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Kristijan Stefanovski Sent: Sunday,
>> February 08, 2015 5:17 PM To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [ddots-l] Re:
>> New to CakeTalk
>> Hello.
>> Do you have skype?
>> I can help you with cake talking and sonar.
>> If you want, you can give me your skype name, and we can solve the
>> problems with sonar.
>> Regards,
>> Christian Stefanovski

>>> Hi,
>>> I am new to CakeTalk and I would appreciate it if someone could help me.
>>> How do I make a beat using my keyboard?
>>> I have my keyboard hooked up. but what exactly do I go to?  How do I
>>> switch instruments etc?  I'm so lost!
>>> Please feel free to contact me on here or you can call me at:
>>> 815-2628037.
>>> Or add me on facebook at:
>>> www.facebook.com/sweetlilmami313
>>> Thanks,