[ddots-l] Re: M-audio fast track pro

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 14:45:13 -0400

Most of the daws I've put together in this batch of i7 systems have SPDIF
ports in both RCA and optical forms. Both from the motherboard. If that
latency is acceptable then perhaps you can still do that. I know the 1010lt
has SPDIF in and out. Hmm yu just gave me an idea! I'm going to try the
spdif in and record something, see if I get the same crackling noise through
it. That might determine or help determine if the issue is A/D related,
something on the card, something on the system etc. Thanks! Lol

I'm actually now considering what interface I'll be looking for next, I was
thinking of a focusrite saffire, or something in that $500 price range. I
know I'll need low latency for my synths, and at least 16 ins, not all have
to be preas though, at least 2 of those...

D!J!X!