[ddots-l] Installing Sibelius Speaking with Jaws 6.2

  • From: Bill Stevens <blues_cat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 06:16:16 -0400

Hi All,

        It's been a while since I've been on this list.  I'm having some trouble
and I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

        I am trying to reinstall Sibelius Speaking, as I was having some
difficulties in Sibelius and wanted to go through the various tests
again.  (As I was unable to bring up the test and configuration window by
pressing f12, I decided to reinstall.)

        on the Dancing Dots website, it tells me that I can install Sibelius
Speaking into Jaws 6.20 by entering 6.20 in the search for jaws versions
field.  I check the box saying to search for newer versions of jaws, and
I check the box saying to let me manually search for jaws versions, and
when that window comes up I select jfw.exe with the file path for jaws
6.20, but when Sibelius Speaking goes to install, the only path it lists
for jaws is for jaws 5.10.

        When I subsequently open Sibelius (version 3.1.1) while running Jaws
5.10 I get a message that the Sibelius speaking scripts have been loaded.
 When I open Sibelius though with Jaws 6.20, I get a message that says
"Sibelius 3, multiple document interface client window"  None of the
Sibelius speaking functions work (such as f12 to bring up the test and
configuration dialog.)

        Somehow I got through this process a few years ago, when I first
installed Sibelius speaking on this machine, but now I'm stuck.  I seem
to remember downloading an upgrade to Sibelius Speaking 3.11 (the cd I'm
using has 3.1) but I'm not finding a link to download that upgrade from
the Dancing Dots website.  Is it there and I'm just not finding it?  Is
that the missing link that will get this to work?

        I would love some advice.

Thanks,

Bill S.