[ddots-l] Re: Installing Sibelius Speaking with Jaws 6.2

Hi,

What do you hear when you press INSERT+Q while running JAWS 6.2 & Sibelius?

If the scripts weren't installed then you need to click on the Options button
in the Welcome
dialog of the installer, enter '6.20' in the Search for additional JAWS version
field, click on
the OK button and then finish the installation as usual. This method will work
for all
versions of JAWS up to and including JAWS 7.1 but we don't officially support
JAWS 7 & 7.1.
This definitely won't work wit JAWS 8.

Albert

-- Bill Stevens <blues_cat@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi John,

        Thanks for your thoughts .  I've intersperced my responses below:

1. Have you tried uninstalling sib speak and reinstalling it?

This is what I am trying to do - have tried a dozen times as many
different ways I can and have yet to get Sib Speaking scripts to load
when I open Sibelius while using Jaws 6.20.

2. The location of jaws scripts is under documents and settings (at
least under windows xp it is), not in the jaws program folder. Perhaps
you can let the install program find the folder instead of mannually
searching for it.

I've tried letting the install program search for versions of jaws, and
all it comes up with is jaws 5.10.  If I uninstall jaws 5.10 it does not
locate any versions of jaws.

        Incidentally - when it is installing files at the end of th
einstallation, it installs files in several different places, including
in the settings folder of Jaws.

 3. What version of windows are you running?

Windows XP Professional

4. Just a point, The latest accessible version of sibelius I know of is
3.13.

I did not know this - thanks.

I'm still stuck, can anyone else offer suggestions?  I am trying to
re-install Sib speaking and get it to work with jaws 6.20.

Thanks,
Bill

** ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type