[ddots-l] How to rehabilitate a recording that was recorded at double speed

  • From: "Kevin Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 17:10:31 -0500

Guys,
    I have some open reel tapes that were recorded at 1 7/8ips.
Unfortunately, I no longer have a machine that plays back at that speed.
The best I can do is 3 3/4.  Is there any software that can do the math and
figure out what something should sound like at half the original speed?
FYI, much of this is spoken, so it's more than just dropping stuff down an
octave.  You have formants and all sorts of stuff to deal with.  Any clues?
Kevin
PS.  I guess looking for a plug that would work in Sonar is way too much to
ask.