[ddots-l] Re: How do you completely uninstall Sonar?

  • From: Jack Conti <jackconti@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 08:54:00 -0500

i would go through the registry, been there done that. sometimes its the only way since some programs do NOT totally remove themselves.

At 04:22 AM 11/9/2013, you wrote:
Hi all. As you may recall, a couple of months ago I had an issue where Sonar was crashing ,and we determined the solution was to uninstall and try installing again. I finally dug my Sonar CDs out of the boxes from the move, uninstalled, and tried reinstalling. It said a previous version had been found and thus shared paths were already defined. I figured that was fine since I didn't try to uninstall all the plugins Etc., just Sonar. So it installed. Then I patched from producer 8.5 to 8.5.2, then to 8.5.3. Finally I was ready to run! I did, and it did the thing about how it was going to personalize my stuff. I told it to do it. Low and behold, it crashed yet again. So since I wasn't there, I ran it again. It got to the wave profiler question, I tried to answer no since I was going to pick ASIO, and same crash.

So I figured I'd uninstall again, and this time ran some registry cleanup to get rid of its old stuff. But apparently some of it's still there, because when I started installing, it detected a previous installation, and said the same stuff about shared paths Etc. So joy of joys, I get to try installing from scratch, I guess. But how do I do that? I assume I have to go delete stuff from the registry, unless there's some special option to the uninstaller which will do it for me. Somehow, I doubt it though. I have the sneaking suspicion I actually need to format the drive and do a fresh install of XP and everything else, but that's way more painful than installing Sonar from scratch, so I'll try Sonar first, he says, foolishly and optimistically.