[ddots-l] Re: Cakewalk V100 Studio audio controller and control surface?

  • From: Stacy Bleeks <sbleeks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 10:31:14 -0400

Thanks bill.  I want to know if the control surface and audio mixer play nicely
together.  I mean is it going to work with Sonar 8.5?  I read a ddots post
online where in Denis Madsen said he could only seem to use it as a mixer.

I would really love it if the VS100 would work both as a control surface, audio
mixer and midi controller right out of the box.
If anyone here knows anything about why it wouldn't work very well with
Sonar/caketalking please let me know.

I'm getting a full DAW system from Dancing Dots and if the VS100 will work
well, I'll get it at the same time.

Phil Muir?  do you have any thoghts on the Cakewalk VS100?

Thanks and happy easter!

Stacy

From: billlist1@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Cakewalk V100 Studio audio controller and control
surface?
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 22:43:47 -0400

Hi, Stacy,

I’ll ask Bryan to comment on specifics but I can say that we have not sold too
many of these units.  On paper, they look like a great deal but I can imagine
that one potential downside to acquiring this all-in-one audio solution is
that, if it goes down, you are totally out of the game.  That is, as opposed to
having separate mixer, audio interface, and control surface in a modular set up
that most audio producers I know do have.

If you do end up wanting to order one, please contact us at Dancing Dots.
Current price is 499 USD.

Best,
Bill