[ddots-l] Re: Bringing pre-existing midi files into Sonar.

  • From: "Tim Burgess" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 12:12:54 -0000

You'd be better to do the following:

1 - Create a new project by going to the file menu and picking "New" (don't
press Ctrl+N or you won't get what you want);

2 -  Work through the new project dialog and you'll be able to specify the
location for both the .cwp and the related audio files;

3 - Press W to make sure you're at the start of the project (you might want
to press Ctrl+PageDown to pace yourself on bar 2 - a good idea for MIDI);

4 - Go to a MIDI track (or create one, if necessary) and, choose Import|MIDI
from the File menu then browse to the MIDI file you want to bring in.

Best wishes.

Tim Burgess
Raised Bar Ltd
Phone:  +44 (0)1827 719822