[ddots-l] Re: Bringing pre-existing midi files into Sonar.

  • From: John Schucker <gwynn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 00:17:31 -0600

Thanks! Just one more tiny problem. When I do a save as, it works, it makes it a project and all. But it doesn't seem to want to use a per projectfolder. E.g., when I imported the midi into a project, it made foo, with foo.cwp and an audio subfolder, even though there was no audio in it. When I opened the midi and set it up and then saved it as a project, it just made bar.cwp in my projects directory, no folder. How do I get it to make a folder?

I did open a new project, bar, when I started Sonar, but when I did "save as" it wanted to save it as a midi, so I had to change the type to project, it actually says normal for some reason, and then change the filename myself to bar.cwp. So it wanted to resave the midi I had just opened. So let's say I opened proudmary.mid, but when I made a new project when opening Sonar it was bar. So I insert a softsynth an route all of the midi tracks to it, etc., and it plays Proud Mary, I save as and save bar.cwp, close Sonar and open bar.cwp. It works, Proud Mary plays and at the right tempo, just like I set it up. Except bar.cwp is just sitting in my main projects folder, not a subfolder of its own, which is where I want it to be.