[ddots-l] Re: BFD nightmare continues

  • From: "Damon Fibraio" <dfibraio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 00:41:48 -0400

Phil. After working all day on this, here's what I have found. The bfd was
crashing when  loading in the pearl or the ayote kits. These, naturally, are
the biggest kits. I turned off all the animation and turned on 16 bit
processing and this helped, at least until I loaded them into sonar, when it
totally took out the whole computer once I began to play or record. From
what I have determined, bfd and sonar just overload my athlon 3000 with 2gb
of ram. In short, I need a new system to use BFD. I am not a happy guy. I
tried switching from asio drivers to wdm on the tascam and tweaking latency
and such, and making sure the whole subsystem was 16 bit and no higher and
it just won't do it. I can play the drums just fine on their own now at
least, and even edit the kits, etc, but I can't record with them, which kind
of defeats the purpose, a shame, too since this bfd can be made very
accessible with hsc, not to mention it can be mapped to hardware control
using CC values and if you use BFD all as the plugin, I can mix the levels
of each piece of a drum kit, the room and pzm mics, etc, using the tascam to
control the tracks individually. So, it is possible to use this, but not
when the damn pc blows up when I try to record. I am so bummed out I could
cry.

--

Damon Fibraio

screen names -- aol: dfibraio...msn dfibraio@xxxxxxxxxxxx skype: dfibraio

web sites: personal music site: http://www.keyboardguy.com. band:
http://www.queenoftheryche.com. Internet Radio station:
http://www.nhbradio.com

Internet radio show every Wednesday night from 8 to 11 pm eastern