[ddots-l] Re: BFD nightmare continues

  • From: "Damon Fibraio" <dfibraio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:27:04 -0400

Phil. Haven't added to the hsc set yet. Still learning that. Also, tried
far off from the other toms that it is useless. I have to go into the hit
options now and tinker with that a bit. I am going to come up with a custom
keyboard map for myself and when that is done, will try to pass it to you.
It will be a modified GM map that I'll work out. As for the options panel,
again, I had to have my sighted cousin do it. I will probably get hsc into
the mix more once I get this other crap sorted out. The minimum specs on
their web site was 512mb of ram recommended 1gb and at least 1 ghz
processor, which I have plenty of. I installed everything to a separate
drive. I have a feeling though that my project in sonar, plus jaws, plus the
bfd all plugin to get each drum on its own track is just too much. Some
friend sof mine tell me that single core processors are not going to cut it
here, and now my search is on for something better. So, work will probably
not progress much until I get a scenario where bfd and sonar will not crash
out the whole system. I could probably try the bfd groups plugin as opposed
to the all plugin, but that means I have to mix in the bfd interface more,
and I'd rather not do that since with bfd all, each drum has its own track
and the pzm and room mics have theirs and I can mix the project in sonar and
process each drum the way I want. GRRRR. OH well, back to guitar center
today to see if I can work out something.

--

Damon Fibraio

screen names -- aol: dfibraio...msn dfibraio@xxxxxxxxxxxx skype: dfibraio

web sites: personal music site: http://www.keyboardguy.com. band:
http://www.queenoftheryche.com. Internet Radio station:
http://www.nhbradio.com

Internet radio show every Wednesday night from 8 to 11 pm eastern