[ddots-l] Re: Auxiliary sends & track outputs

  • From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 18:00:08 -0400

If that's so, then wouldn't the volume of the combined track and buss outputs be much greater than that of the origional track? Kind of like doubling the volume of the origional signal(OK, not quite doubling it, but increasing it significantly).

I thought maybe it was Kind of like having one dollar, and sending 50 cents to the buss, and 50 cents to the master, but there's always no more than one dollar involved. If the signal isn't "split", then wouldn't you have to account for a significant increase in level at the master? Using the analogy of the dollar, wouldn't it be like winding up with two dollars from the origional one dollar when they both meet up again at the Master?

I hope this isn't too wierd sounding. But I'm wondering if the origional audio is conserved, or if it is duplicated and therefore increased by sending it to various busses and then recombined at the master.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Luis Elorza" <luiselorza@xxxxxxxxx>