[ddots-l] 3 questions

  • From: "Omar Binno" <omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:05:50 -0500

Hello,

I'll be recording a client tomorrow who is a pianist. He'll be recording his
piano track and his vocals at the same time, and I have 3 questions:

1. I'll be using the metronom click, but how do I get it where the metronom
will not get recorded onto the vocal track?

2. The piano will start out as a midi track. If the input of that midi track is
not assigned to the same input as the vocal track, the piano will not get
recorded onto the vocal track, correct?

3. The piano I'll be using does not have a USB port. So I'll be using its midi
in and out with a midiman interface. I haven't done this in a while, but am i
remembering correctly that I need one cable from the midi in of the piano to
the midi out of the interface, and one midi in from the interface to the midi
out of the piano?

Thanks for any help!

Omar Binno

Website: www.omarbinno.com