[softwarelist] Re: setting tabs in OPro

  • From: Jhr JMAH van Vredenburch <janvredenburch@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 12:56:31 +0100

I slipped up as somewhere half a dozen messages did not arrive in my
mailbox but in my windoze side of the computer and which I only
discovered now.

Just to be precise as there are 2 (4) different ways of setting tabs
in Ovation Pro.

     1. First the quick way.

A  As an "effect".
 Indeed by pressing Ctrl-Tab and clicking with Select in the blank
space above the Tab ruler tabs are set when you click on OK.

B. As a "Style"
 Select the style to which you want to add tab settings (Edit Style ->
Tabs....). Here you then proceed as stated under A above.

     2. Now for precision.

A2 and B2
 Now, in both preceding cases the Tab settings are set to the nearest
whole number. To get a more precise setting you have to enter the
exact number in the "Position" icon in the Tabs window and THEN PRESS
RETURN. If you do not press RETURN then whatever number you have set
in the "Position" icon will fall back to the nearest full number when
you press OK.
  You must also follow this procedure if you decide to change the
position of a 'precise' Tab.

 All this is mentioned on page 61 of the manual. Jim, I agree it would
have been much better if the markings of the Tab settings would have
been visible in Fig. 5.33 on that page.

--
Greetings,
JohnvV