[softwarelist] Re: setting tabs in OPro

  • From: Jim Nagel <opro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 22:06:47 GMT

David Pilling  wrote on 26 Jan:
> Sorry I said the wrong thing. You can create a tab by entering a
> position for it, and then pressing *return*.

Aha, THAT's what I failed to do earlier.  I entered a number then
clicked OK without doing Return after the number.  So nothing
happened.

Little things like this are fine when they're second nature, but not
obvious to the newbie.

Anyway, the process of setting a tab in OPro, now that I'm past my
little pitfall, is less palaver than it is in the mighty M$Word --
this all came up because the other night I was trying to teach a
Word-using pal the advantages of tabs instead of the multiple spaces
he was using.  It seemed to me tabs were simpler on steam-powered
typewriters.

Another big difference between OPro and Word is the instant help from
other users, not to mention the coder-in-chief.  Thanks.

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk