[softwarelist] Re: a few questions

  • From: Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ovation software list <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:50:46 +1000

Bernard Veasey wrote:
In message <46526EA5.5030001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Peter Prewett
<pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a few questions that someone can hopefully help me
with. Using the Windows version of Ovation 2.92. 1. When
trying to select an area of text I keep on getting the key
symbol up which makes it difficult to select text what is
its purpose.

The key symbol is shown when trying to move/drag a locked
object. Perhaps double-clicking the first word and
right-clicking the end of the last word of the desired
selection would be easier in this situation.

I am using the default settings for Windows and not selected
anything to be locked.
So how do I ensure that the lock function only works when I want
it too?
It is annoying when ever a selection is made that the key icon
appears.

2. I have a document that has a number of linked text frames
that fill up the page what is the trick to get it to flow
onto another/new page?

On the 'Master page', after you have selected the 'Link Text
Frames' icon in the toolbar to the left of the main OvPro
window (Chain Icon), just drag the last frame on the page back
into the first frame of the page.

I had linked frames and a green line/link appears automatically.
Going back to the main document when the text overflows just
shows an arrow and does not create a new page.
If I insert an extra page in the main document and then cause
text to overflow it works OK.

[snipped]

Thanks Peter

--