[darkice] Re: watch darkice errors and restart if necessarily

  • From: "Nathan Roberts" <nathan.roberts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <darkice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 23:06:42 -0000

What's the benefit in the configuration mentioned below which I understand
to be:
darkice>local shoutcast>remote shoutcast

i.e. why is this more robust?

I run my shoutcast server with autodj. AutoDJ has some tracks to loop
(keeping the stream live for any listeners who connect early) and then when
I need to broadcast from a venue, I connect over a 3G connection. While it
generally works well, as you'll appreciate network issues can be a challenge
from time to time so I'm keen to improve the robustness of the system as
best I can.

Thanks

Nathan