[ctw] Re: another rebuildspamdb question

  • From: aklist <aklist_eims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:52:03 -0700

On 9/29/2011 6:46 AM, Brett Gaspers wrote:
Check the permissions after the next time rebuildspamdb runs. I've
noticed that the CTW installation of ASSP changes the permissions
(away from _assp as owner) every time rebuildspamdb runs.

Thanks, Brett...it looks like everything in the rebuildspamdb.pl ran successfully last night...no errors in the result file.

I restarted ASSP, and now the Bayesian db message is gone.

Thanks everyone for your patience!

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 6:52 PM, aklist<aklist_eims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 9/28/2011 9:49 AM, TR Shaw wrote:

Yes it indicates a permission problem which may be even larger than just
this one file.  Usuallysuch permissions error withh term the process before
it finishes.

Tom

Weird...I'm pretty sure I did a "chown -R _assp:_assp files" in the ASSP
directory and confirmed everything was changed, but when I looked just now
the "droplist.txt" file was the only doc with "admin / _assp" permissions...

I just changed it back to _assp, but I'll have to wait and see if it sticks
or gets changed back again.

On Sep 28, 2011, at 11:05 AM, aklist wrote:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:00:50 -0400 TR Shaw<tshaw@xxxxxxxx>    wrote

Agreed

In my rebuild report, I see this at the end:

Preparing binary Griplist upload... done
Uploading Griplist via Direct Connection
Submitted 308 bytes: 0 IPv6 addresses, 74 IPv4 addresses
Griplist download failed: last download too recent
Droplist download failed: /Applications/ASSP/files/droplist.txt  not
writable!

Is the last line significant/related to the problem?

On Sep 27, 2011, at 5:54 PM, Brett Gaspers wrote:

I think it's only when rebuildspamdb.pl actually runs that the spamdb
gets updated. Just forwarding messages to ASSP doesn't accomplish
that, it's only when the rebuildspamdb script processes them that they
get incorporated. When does your script run and are you sure it
actually ran?

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 8:55 AM, aklist<aklist_eims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  wrote:

I've had my rebuildspamdb.pl script running for a couple of days now,
and
it's been removing emails in the whitelist and I've been forwarding
spam
"report-spam" and getting confirmations back from ASSP.

When I view the web gui, however, I see the same error at the bottom
of
the
page:

warning: Bayesian spam database (spamdb) has only 2517 records!

that's the same number that's been there all along. When I send mail
"report-spam", shouldn't that number be increasing? Or are the two
things
unrelated?
Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw post: