[ctw] Re: another rebuildspamdb question

On 9/28/2011 9:49 AM, TR Shaw wrote:
Yes it indicates a permission problem which may be even larger than just this
one file.  Usuallysuch permissions error withh term the process before it
finishes.

Tom

Weird...I'm pretty sure I did a "chown -R _assp:_assp files" in the ASSP directory and confirmed everything was changed, but when I looked just now the "droplist.txt" file was the only doc with "admin / _assp" permissions...

I just changed it back to _assp, but I'll have to wait and see if it sticks or gets changed back again.

On Sep 28, 2011, at 11:05 AM, aklist wrote:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:00:50 -0400 TR Shaw<tshaw@xxxxxxxx>  wrote

Agreed

In my rebuild report, I see this at the end:

Preparing binary Griplist upload... done
Uploading Griplist via Direct Connection
Submitted 308 bytes: 0 IPv6 addresses, 74 IPv4 addresses
Griplist download failed: last download too recent
Droplist download failed: /Applications/ASSP/files/droplist.txt  not writable!

Is the last line significant/related to the problem?

On Sep 27, 2011, at 5:54 PM, Brett Gaspers wrote:

I think it's only when rebuildspamdb.pl actually runs that the spamdb
gets updated. Just forwarding messages to ASSP doesn't accomplish
that, it's only when the rebuildspamdb script processes them that they
get incorporated. When does your script run and are you sure it
actually ran?

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 8:55 AM, aklist<aklist_eims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I've had my rebuildspamdb.pl script running for a couple of days now, and
it's been removing emails in the whitelist and I've been forwarding spam
"report-spam" and getting confirmations back from ASSP.

When I view the web gui, however, I see the same error at the bottom of
the
page:

warning: Bayesian spam database (spamdb) has only 2517 records!

that's the same number that's been there all along. When I send mail to
"report-spam", shouldn't that number be increasing? Or are the two things
unrelated?
Circle The Wagons
manage: http://www.freelists.org/list/ctw post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
search: http://www.freelists.org/archives/ctw