[cst_2014_board] Re: [cst_2014_board] Re: Volunteer Deposit

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "lisabhubert@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "cst_2014_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cst_2014_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 17:20:49 +0000

Here are the thoughts running through my mind on this issue:

 Is it really clear to the families to communicate with CAPS when leaving the
team, or is it just clear to us because we are so involved in the details?
This is a good chance to step back and see how things look from the general
swim team population.

If their child left the team that early in the season and didn’t drain our
resources, I don’t think we should keep the volunteer deposit.  It would be
different if they were asking for a refund of team dues.

What did we decide on the Stoltz family volunteer deposit?  They let us know
early on (I think week 3) that Madison had too much going on to participate on
the team this summer.  I think we decided and communicated to the family that
we can refund $138 and the volunteer deposit.  They never responded to
Marlene’s email, so we didn’t send them the refund.  Are they on the list of
families that didn’t volunteer?  Now that I think about it, I wonder why we
required a response from them and didn’t automatically send them the $138
refund after their initial email.

Bottom line opinion from me:  We should not keep Thieman and Stoltz’s volunteer
checks.

Thank you for the open discussions -

Lisa

From: John Thieman <johnthieman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Subject: Re: Volunteer Deposit
To: Karen Doty <karenkaywill@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Carrie Thieman <carrielthieman@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I would like to be exempt from this fee.

My daughter quit the swim team in mid june due to disagreements with the
coaches.

i would prefer to not divulge the details but also do not feel it fair to pay
for a fee on a team with which she spent only 3 weeks.

Thanks

John and Carrie Thieman

Sent from my iPad