[cst_board] Re: Mistake

  • From: RENEE OSTERGREN <rostergren@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cst_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 22:25:19 -0600

Agreed. Good points!

Renée Ostergren
~ enjoy the now ~

On Apr 13, 2015, at 4:44 PM, Heidi M Mechtenberg <mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Renee, I never swam either, in fact I have a bit of a fear of water because
of a childhood incident. I was adamant that my kids would not have to
experience that fear. So it began with lessons to make them safe around water
and blossomed into swimming competitively. I've just learned about swimming
through being around it for 11 years. Osmosis if you will....pun intended.

Our goal with the handbook is to make it easy for anyone, no matter their
skill set, to take on any one of these positions. I would assume on some
level, some would have a natural leaning one way to a certain position. The
way the VP position is now written is just needing someone to be organized
and methodical. In fact, all these positions could be accomplished in that
manner.

I want to walk away knowing a team will continue to flourish at Collindale.
Heidi

On April 12, 2015, at 10:34 PM, RENEE OSTERGREN <rostergren@xxxxxxx
<mailto:rostergren@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

Well, apparently I’m not all that great at calendar things as I didn’t pick
up on that either. No worries, it’s all good.

Yes, I agree about the additional VP tasks. My concern with any of these VP
things is that I feel so uneducated about some of the swim protocols. I
never swam or participated on a team prior and don’t know what I don’t know
;-)

Renée Ostergren
~ enjoy the now ~

On Apr 10, 2015, at 9:15 AM, Andy and Heidi Mechtenberg
<mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I made a huge mistake by inviting Parkwood/Buckinghorse to the meet on July
11th. Westfield is hosting us – rather than it being our meet. I just sent
them off an apology..

Renee, I have been thinking. Since the VP position has not been very well
defined as far as tasks, AND since I seem to really mess up scheduling year
after year, AND since you have a great handle on the calendar, how about the
VP tasks include scheduling? I think scheduling, maintaining the master
calendar and the handbooks would be great tasks for the VP position, in
addition to fulfilling president tasks when the president is unavailable…

Thoughts!

Man, I feel stupid right now!!
-Heidi