[csdn-sa] Organisation | Authority | Coordination

  • From: David Lloyd <lloy0076@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: csdn-sa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 03:46:19 +1030

Brian,

> However, that origin can cause problems, and has done so already in
> that David is being treated - quite properly in my view - as the
> Convener/Coordinator/whatever of CSDN, whereas he doesn't accept the
> authority of that role.

Yes, but you have asked me to bear the burden of what is essentially
absolute power. Those who accept it--and the authority that goes with
it--should rightfully be reluctant to do so and only if the group or
groups they lead accept that wholeheartedly.

> It is forseeable that without "someone" (or perhaps some small group)
> being willing to act in such capacity, however gently, people will act
> at cross-purposes, duplicate effort, and in similar ways make CSDN
> inefficient and ineffective.

I recognise this point and it is quite valid. See below...

> FWIW, I feel some decision needs to be made about how we will respond
> and control/coordinate/monitor/whatever CSDN activities to bring about
> a viable organisation.

I'd suggest that people do recognise me as the current convenor of the
CSDNA. For the time being let's leave me in this role seeing I do
have quite a reasonable handle on who's doing what. Unless someone
objects to this particular state of affairs let's just wait until the
next meeting on January 13, 2003 to see if we need to change them.

DSL

--
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul!