[csdn-sa] Re: CSDN - Logo

  • From: Brian Astill <bastill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: csdn-sa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 00:01:20 +1030

David Lloyd wrote:
[A number of things in two posts]
There is much good that can be said of David's views, and it is good to
know "where he is coming from".

However, that origin can cause problems, and has done so already in that
David is being treated - quite properly in my view - as the
Convener/Coordinator/whatever of CSDN, whereas he doesn't accept the
authority of that role.

It is forseeable that without "someone" (or perhaps some small group)
being willing to act in such capacity, however gently, people will act
at cross-purposes, duplicate effort, and in similar ways make CSDN
inefficient and ineffective.

FWIW, I feel some decision needs to be made about how we will respond
and control/coordinate/monitor/whatever CSDN activities to bring about a
viable organisation.

Brian.

--
This is the Computer Software Distribution Network - SA