[csdn-sa] Fw: Logo && FreeBSD Daemon

  • From: David Lloyd <lloy0076@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: csdn-sa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 04:08:47 +1030

Ian,

I doubt that any artwork you create will make inappropriate use of the
FreeBSD Daemon, although I'm sure you could prove me wrong if you were
in an impish mood.

Rather than bother Marshall McKusick with requests to put the Daemon on
a logo that hasn't yet been selected, why don't you"borrow" a logo from
somewhere, put it on a suggested CSDN logo and then submit the proposed
logo to me and I can put it somewhere, ummm, semi-official?

[ but any logos that might make inappropriate use of any other logos
will be returned with appropriate comments - eg, what is that fork
doing up Tux's...]

Now, should a logo be selected that contains a FreeBSD Daemon be
selected the more formal motion could read"subject to permission
from[authorities xyz] the CSN-SA[some logo] as its official logo". And
then we go searching for permission from Mr McKusick and anyone else we
might need to get permission from in one hit.

DSL

(1) I am getting ahead of myself...this very well sounds like I've just
started a logo competition without really having started a logo
competition. But I'm taken with the idea.

See separate announcement.

--
In the Land of the Fathers, you are welcome to stay,
 In the Land of our Brothers, you are welcome to pray,