[cryptome] Re: Watson Gullibility Test

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 16:13:55 +0000

Hi Coderman,

Oscar Wilde in "A Picture of Dorian Grey" said "A picture is worth more than a thousand words"...Long before Google even existed.

That's good....nuffink wrong with a bit of tangential pedantry occasionally, helps one to hone in and refine the subject matter. I understand a bit more, thank you for sharing that with me...And now you and I are exploring the concept of thought and thinking...:-) .

You think in pictures...(You may find it surprising, but not everyone thinks in pictures...), excellent...one of the best ways of handling thought, because the visual memory is the most powerful memory in the brain.

Now, step back, relax, take a bit of time out...no more than a minute or two, and try the following: instead of analysing the picture as it comes into your head, recognise it is there, count it, then dismiss it immediately and allow the next one to come in to your mind...and count that. You don't have to do that more than a couple of times...If you can do that, you can let me know...if you want.

Others of you on this list can also try it for yourselves...
P.S. I don't want to know what the pictures are, their subject matter...in case that is concerning you... P.P.S. And it is as well to remember that there are many different ways of looking and thinking about this subject, and I am not a particular follower of any of them
.

On 26/12/14 15:33, coderman wrote:
On 12/26/14, coderman<coderman@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
<Watson> This image - two crows on crane coil: ... wut?
and to carry on my pedantic tangent: it wouldn't be Watson, but
something like it applied to object detection, classification,
labeling:

http://googleresearch.blogspot.com.es/2014/11/a-picture-is-worth-thousand-coherent.html