[cryptome] Watson Gullibility Test

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 11:18:42 +0000

You have all failed the Watson Gullibility Test...You didn't notice that there is no Gullibility Mark up category. It is hidden. IBM are doing a bit of free testing of their software. Presumably this is for researching markets, or it might be a bit of publicity, or testing saleability for some new intelligence game.

see url: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watson_%28computer%29
and url: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Watson

The older ones of you will remember Microsoft Word having a literacy test, where one could judge whether the language used was of a certain standard.

Computing is all about algorithms these days. The best algorith wins. The aim of A.I. research is to use algorithms to replace human thought in the new robots...and make em faster, more reliable and more intelligent. Algorithms are being used more and more all the time. Google is the classic example. Certainly, it was the place where algorithms first came to public notice. Another example is in Wall Street, where stock trading companies had to be banned from opening offices too close to the Stock Exchange, because they were getting unfair advantage in microseconds due to the microseconds of delay in communications along fibre. Bush opened up the Stock Exchange to fast trading, millions of trades a second, in order to increase liquidity in the market place. Premium prices were being paid for property, all because of the length of a bit of fibreglass.

Now what is a thought? Can a thought be measured? Does it have weight or mass, or size?

What is intelligence and what role does thought play in intelligence? And can it be measured?

And...how does a computer deal with thought?

Who gives a shit... :-).
Now, there's a thought...

P.S. It's OK...I tried it out too, twice; and got 2 different answers...I chose the best one of course...I must remember to sublimate my ego in the new year...it gets in the way of my learning...Gullibility is my highest trending score...The stories just get so much more interesting...