[cryptome] Re: counting thoughts

  • From: coderman <coderman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 08:16:50 -0800

On 12/26/14, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ... why not try this little
> experiment.  It won't take up much of your time, it won't cost you any
> money, it won't do you any harm, and you can do it in a jiffy.
>
> Can you count your thoughts...And here, I don't mean sheep or other
> animals or things, or numbers,, avoid them, but a thought, just as a
> thought comes into your head and you reject it, you move on to the next
> one...without developing it any further?

an interesting question, which gets to the heart of the some of the
hardest problems.

somewhere between attention, awareness, consciousness,
  "thought" becomes a thing unto itself.

to quantify this is to know ourselves more completely than ever before.

in short, i have infinite thoughts. now, you ask which ones i select
to think in this very moment? aye, there's the rub...

:)

---

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadbent%27s_filter_model_of_attention
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consciousness