[contestms] Re: Support for other programming languages

  • From: Stefano Maggiolo <s.maggiolo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: contestms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 18:44:37 +0000

On Mon Oct 28 2013 at 6:34:49 PM, Stefano Maggiolo <s.maggiolo@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I was starting implementing more languages (at least, trying to see where
> the problems would start), and for Python I arrived to [1]: when a python
> program starts, it checks the user home for user site packages, and when it
> cannot find the home it crashes. This should be solvable by setting a
> custom HOME env, but that's already an example of the trouble...
>
> [1] http://bugs.python.org/issue10496

Apart from that issue, things seem surprisingly smooth. I just got my first
100/100 with this source:
===
#!/usr/bin/env python
import sys
n = int(sys.stdin.readline())
print "correct %d" % n
===
I will try to include soon a patch to configure the language at the contest
level and add python to the list of languages. If anybody wants to help
(especially with the configurability part), she is welcome.

-- Ste