[contestms] Re: Support for other programming languages

  • From: Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: contestms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 21:37:19 +0200

Hi Damien.

Il 24/10/2013 18:48, Damien Leroy ha scritto:
> We plan to use the CMS for our national contest in Belgium next
> February. Unfortunately, we need to support Java, Python and PHP in
> addition to the supported languages in CMS. Can anybody bring some
> experience with these languages ? I saw there is a thread between
> Darko and Stefano earlier this year, but the thread stops after two
> days without full solution.

To the best of my knowledge, nothing like that has been attempted so
far. Unfortunately, CMS's sandbox model doesn't easily allow something
like that, because you have to carefully configure and tune the sandbox
parameters in order to give access to all the resource files required by
the program.

I would say that for Python the best thing is to create something like
the local environment generated by virtual_env, but I have no experience
with it. Surely you're going to have to give the sandbox far more
liberal options.

I'm sorry I'm not able to help more.

Gio.
--