[contestms] Re: Problem with running CMS

  • From: Luca Wehrstedt <luca.wehrstedt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: contestms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 12:26:53 +0200

What version of CMS are you running? v1.0 or current master branch?

Do you have a config file installed? Is CMS able to read it? Note that by
default the file is installed in /usr/local/etc/cms.conf owned by
cmsuser:cmsuser. If you start CMS with an user that doesn't belong to the
cmsuser group that file won't be readable. Does AdminWebServer print a line
like "Using configuration file ..." when it's started? Documentation
reference: [1] and [2].

[1] https://cms.readthedocs.org/en/v1.0/Installation.html#installing-cms
[2] https://cms.readthedocs.org/en/v1.0/Running%20CMS.html#configuring-cms

If that's all right but AdminWebServer still doesn't start then there's
probably something wrong with your configuration file or with your network
interfaces. Please report to us for further investigation.