[CTS] Re: why Free Software matters

  • From: Ross Nelson <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:22:19 -0500

Sadly, I think SDSU may have retired the VAX server. It was, around 98/99, used to student email addresses. They'd give random addresses along the lines of du4hjskc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or so. I would have loved one of those! Beats my boring ross.nelson@xxxxxxxxxxx :(

We do, however, have some RS/6000s and AS/400s around the campus. At least one of the 6000s is used for the College of Engineering's website. Beyond those and a nice Alpha that I don't assume is too old (500mhz, 512mb), all we have is newer, cheaper stuff. :(

On Apr 13, 2004, at 11:27 PM, Russ Blakeman wrote:

internet and still function as an ASCII or ANSI VDT. Heck one larger
corporation that I do work for still has VAX functional.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Talk Shop http://www.computertalkshop.com Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm