[CTS] Re: shutting off write protect

  • From: Cuffy10@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:29:13 EST

Madrachod@xxxxxxx writes:

Once I  remember how to show hidden files I'll try it again.

Show hidden program or system files

Showing hidden files can come in handyâfor example, say you've tried to
delete everything from a floppy disk and the disk properties still  indicate
100K
of disk space is being used by hidden files.
To see hidden files, follow these steps in any folder window:
    1.  On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
    2.  Click the View tab.
    3.  Choose the Show hidden files and folders radio button.
Warning!   Don't be tempted to delete system  files that Windows needsâwhen
in doubt, leave them as you found  them!

Much more here......................

_http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/using/workingefficiently/tips/default.asp_

(http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/using/workingefficiently/tips/default.asp)

Such a sad case................ <sigh>