[CTS] Re: shutting off write protect

  • From: Cuffy10@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 22:40:49 EST

Madrachod@xxxxxxx writes:

C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0001696.......  And it says something  about FS15.CAB and
it's in Start page-DU.DLL.  Where that is, I  haven't a clue.  I STILL need to
shut off the write protect in order to  delete the Trojan
From the BlackViper.........
disable that restore point and wipe out the trojan.....
It will be deleted won't it ?

System Restore creates system snap shots or restore points  for returning to
at a later time. Every time you install a program or new  driver, plus on a
schedule, this service creates a "restore point" to roll back  to if a problem
occurs. This service would have been nice in the Win95 days due  to plenty of
problems occurring (new DirectX version every 15 minutes) but not  required for
the "much" more stable WinMe. This is the FIRST thing that I get  rid of on a
clean installation. If you use this and enjoy it, good for you. I  never
will. I feel it is faster and less hassle to just install clean. A rather  GOOD
(and possibly the only) reason to use this "feature" is to roll back your  OS
after installing an unknown program or testing software. For example: BETA
software of any kind. NOTE: If you disable this service, your previous "restore

points" will be deleted. If, for what ever reason, you do not want this to
happen, do not disable this service.