[CTS] Re: shutting off write protect

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 21:46:13 EST

In a message dated 1/30/2005 10:22:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Cuffy10@xxxxxxx writes:

OK, what are you working on now ?

    I ran everything (except Avast/AVG, because I haven't had time to pick
them up yet) in safe mode and it cleaned out a bunch more stuff.  I STILL have
Trojan, though, that I can't get rid of.  After I run McAfee (safe mode or
normal) it tells me that I have the virus in C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0001696.......
And it says something about FS15.CAB and it's in Start page-DU.DLL.  Where that
is, I haven't a clue.  I STILL need to shut off the write protect in order to
delete the Trojan.
    The AOL thing that I couldn't delete from the cookies files is finally
gone.
    The printer seems to be working, I just printed part of an e-mail a few
minutes ago, but we shall see how long that lasts.  I haven't got around to
deleting all the printer drivers and starting over with them again.

                            Dale