[CTS] Re: shutting off write protect

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 01:46:16 EST

In a message dated 2/8/2005 2:20:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Cuffy10@xxxxxxx writes:

McAfee is supposed to do that if you have everything current.

    From what I've seen of it, it tells me what's there and asks ME if I want
to get rid of them.  I've yet to se any kind of anti-viral take the liberty
to clean off the bugs without asking you first.

Did you install Disk Cleaner so you can remove any files dropped in Temp, or
anywhere else.

    I'm not sure I understand the question; I have a disc cleaner program
installed on the hard drive when I first installed the OS, or whatever.  Is
that
the DC you're talking about.  As for cleaning out the Temp file, I do that
myself every night after I get off line.

                            Dale