[CTS] Re: Wireless networking

  • From: Vernon Balbert <vbalbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 09:31:53 -0700

For security, I made it so the wireless router would only see the MAC addresses of the wireless cards that are on the network. Since this is just a small home network and the position of the router is such that it's not going to spill outside the house much I didn't enable WAP or any other security.

As for sharing the printer, the process depends on which OS you're using. In XP you can get full details in Help and Support on the Start menu.

Vern

Kim/Dreamspinner3 wrote:

I was able to get my wireless network working too.  But how do I make it
more secure & how to get the computers to see one another on the network &
share my printer?

Thanks.

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm