[CTS] Speaking of Hard Drives

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 18:56:32 -0800

I have a Dell computer OptiPlex GX110 which I thought I had sold to
someone but for some reason it was too expensive for him. <shrug> Anyway,
I'm kinda glad to have it back, this baby is QUIET! I wish I could put
my present setup inside of it.

Anyway before I sold it, I replaced the hard drive in it with a bigger
hard drive. When you boot it up, it says it can't find the primary hard
drive. Press F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup. Well, you press F1 and
it boots up perfectly. So I'm thinking that they must have hard
programmed the other hard drive into the motherboard/bios somehow. Which
is questionable because the BIOS recognizes the drives, and ID's it as
well.  If the BIOS see's the drive, why would it (hd) not show up
during/after the POST?

Any Ideas?

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels

 ** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm