[CTS] Hard Drive Assignment - Update

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 18:56:30 -0800

Well, it sounded good at the time! :-O  I did things exactly how I had
laid it out, but for some reason(s), the numbering of the drives aren't
co=operating. I thought by going down to the one drive and basically
starting over would solve this, but I guess not. The thought of clearing
the CMOS crossed my mind, but decided against that.

Don't understand how one drive can take over as being the first drive.
Oh well.

unplug ALL the drives except the 200. Install Windows and plug the other
drives in one at a time.

That brings up one more question, once I do this, will windows ignore
the "boot" partition on the "old" 320 drive when I plug it back in?

I need a drink....

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels

 ** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm