[CTS] Re: Solaris 10 - Joe?

  • From: "Ross Nelson" <ross.nelson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 18:08:13 -0600

That's the case with most things like this.  When people find out they
can get a copy of the media kit at no cost, they'll fill the form out.

Some will never use it, some will boot it and be confused, some will
install it and find out that nothing works, and a few actively use or
will actively use it.

It takes time to get new dvds pressed and, under normal circumstances,
there probably isn't generally a huge demand for the media kits,
especially with the ISOs available for download.  I have no clue how
many kits they usually have on hand in their warehouse(s) nor how many
people filled out the form, but I'm guessing the latter is drastically
larger than the former.

Ross

On 3/9/07, cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxx <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The download option has been there since the outset of this little
adventure but seemed a bit large to download at the time. I haven't got
a machine free to load it into at the moment so maybe by the time I get
a machine ready the CD will have arrived ?
Did you, perchance, question Sun about their recent activities ? Their
two weeks for delivery is running into two months. How does that speak
for their products and customer service ???

Let us know when you get it loaded up and running !
** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm