[CTS] Re: Obtaining Local Administrator Password for WinXP Pro.

  • From: "Eric C. Vogel" <ecvogel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:46:49 -0500

Doh! I forgot (Kinda). But here are the reasons:
1) Could be NTFS (I assumed it was NTFS never checked to see if it was NTFS
or FAT32)
2) *&(*&( has his floppy drive at home.

He called Dell and Dell had him do a re-install. I had to install the vid
drivers, sound drivers, wait forever for support.dell.com to do anything.
His HD thrashed like a wild banshee. I so did not want to do a re-install.
Now other stuff starts happening on his computer, I have to make a
wavier/release my company from anything happening to the agents personal
computer loss.

I think I may have come up with what happened.
IE 6 SP1 was installed and that cumulative update must have put a new
MSVCRT.DLL on the PC's, the GBS install has an old one..... When I go to
work tomorrow I will confirm this by checking the zip file that the CRM app
downloaded for the update and compare versions after that.....

Eric
  Eric C. Vogel
  Computer Talk Shop List Owner:
          http://www.computertalkshop.com